While you're working on the Mustang Chorale Project of Already Home, the Chor Angélique will begin rehearsing the Skye Boat Song as a treble choir feature. This one will likely take some time to practice, so I'm putting it online to help you get ready. Here are the steps:
1) Find the written music on the GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sER2yA1pXFDLTreffBTpJRiad3aeYooc
2) Find the rehearsal track on the Kinard Choir website: https://www.kinardchoir.com/mustang-chorale
3) Spend the next couple of weeks reviewing both the pitches and the lyrics for the Skye Boat Song. There are a couple of ways to learn the parts and style. While you'll likely pick up the pitches well, it's the style that will be a challenge. A few ways to learn the style are:
-) Listen to a soloist performance with lyrics:
-) Listen to the full performance example:
4) Record your voice - When you think you're able to sing it well enough to record, give it a try. Use the rehearsal track as your guide on some headphones or earbuds and sing along with it while you record. Listen to the recording of your voice and compare it to the rehearsal track. Make sure your lyrics and pitches match. Don't forget to export it as an MP3 file.
5) Once it's at a quality you like, upload the MP3 file to my GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iFY7medN30rgOgQb1wteU-SIthRi1Th0
6) Have your recording uploaded by Friday, April 24th. I will write feedback on your recording and grade it. Completed recordings will earn a 3. Recordings accepted for the mix will earn a 4.
Questions? Contact Mr. Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions or set up a MS Teams meeting.