Now that you've practiced recording yourself and uploading your voice to Mr. Wheeler's GoogleDrive, it's time to continue preparing our virtual choir concert. Our second challenge - G. F. Handel's Ombra Mai Fu from Xerxes. Here are the steps to plan, practice, recording, and upload your voice.
1) Find the written music on the GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15UKwb5tc1ntjuogci-QM6sFrHsJMxJOL
2) Find the rehearsal track on the Kinard Choir website: https://www.kinardchoir.com/intermediate-choir.
3) Spend a week reviewing both the pitches and the rhythms for the Ombra Mai Fu. Then, start to figure out how to add in the lyrics. There are a couple of ways to learn the Italian.
-) Listen to the rehearsal track - he pronounces it rather well
-) Check out the pronunciation guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozxcCTrdARs. The lyrics you'll need start around 30 seconds into the video
-) Listen to either of these full performances:
4) Record your voice - When you think you're able to sing it well enough to record, give it a try. Use the rehearsal track as your guide on some headphones or earbuds and sing along with it while you record. Listen to the recording of your voice and compare it to the rehearsal track. Make sure your lyrics and pitches match. Don't forget to export it as an MP3 file.
5) Once it's at a quality you like, upload the MP3 file to my GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y0d5s-P6Gx9fFsF6UxUNGE1JsmNvH9uE
6) Have your recording uploaded by Friday, April 17th. I will write feedback on your recording and grade it. Completed recordings will earn a 3. Recordings accepted for the mix will earn a 4.
Questions? Contact Mr. Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions or set up a MS Teams meeting.