Now that you've practiced recording yourself and uploading your voice to Mr. Wheeler's GoogleDrive, it's time to continue preparing our virtual choir concert. Our second challenge - Andrew Lloyd Webber's Already Home from The Wizard of Oz. Here are the steps to plan, practice, recording, and upload your voice.
1) Find the written music on the GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sER2yA1pXFDLTreffBTpJRiad3aeYooc
2) Find the rehearsal track on the Kinard Choir website: https://www.kinardchoir.com/mustang-chorale
3) Spend a week reviewing both the pitches and the lyrics for the Already Home. There are a couple of ways to learn the parts and style.
-) Listen to the musical's performance track with lyrics:
-) Listen to the full performance example:
4) Record your voice - When you think you're able to sing it well enough to record, give it a try. Use the rehearsal track as your guide on some headphones or earbuds and sing along with it while you record. Listen to the recording of your voice and compare it to the rehearsal track. Make sure your lyrics and pitches match. Don't forget to export it as an MP3 file.
5) Once it's at a quality you like, upload the MP3 file to my GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iFY7medN30rgOgQb1wteU-SIthRi1Th0
6) Have your recording uploaded by Friday, April 17th. I will write feedback on your recording and grade it. Completed recordings will earn a 3. Recordings accepted for the mix will earn a 4.
Questions? Contact Mr. Wheeler at email@example.com to ask questions or set up a MS Teams meeting.