Now that you've practiced recording your voice, we'll start into our first project: Recording a song using our online resources and uploading them to Mr. Wheeler. To get a feel for a virtual choir, we're going to do a song we've already learned: I Sing Because I'm Happy. Here are the steps:
1) Go to my website at https://www.kinardchoir.com/6th-grade-choir
2) Go to a quiet place in your house where you still have internet access
3) Find 'I Sing Because I'm Happy' on the audio tracks and plug in some headphones or earbuds if you have them
4) Press record on Audacity or your other recording device
5) Press play on the 'I Sing Because I'm Happy' audio track and record yourself singing your voice part
6) When you're done singing, stop recording. Have a listen to your recording. Ideally, you should only hear your voice and nothing else. If you like it, keep it. If it's not as good as you want, re-record it as many times as you want
7) You can use Audacity to edit your voice as you wish. Look at the instructions below or click HERE to learn more
8) (This is IMPORTANT) EXPORT your sound file as an MP3 or WAV file. Label it with your name and the title of the song you're singing. Simply clicking 'SAVE' will not work well - my computer won't be able to hear the file.
9) Upload your recording to my Google Drive by going to https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jCUktbcj4WxWzYw3bflKjKT8q8AJ-n_N
If you run into trouble, write me an e-mail anytime and I'll help you through it. I'm also available to chat online or on the phone every weekday between 10:45 - 12:00 so we can connect one-on-one to get you the help you need. Write me a message if you want to chat and we'll set a time to meet online.
I'm going to set up a couple of 'get togethers' this week so we can gather online and see how things are going. Also, feel free to write on this blog to share ideas and ask questions.