While you're working on the Mustang Chorale Project of Already Home, the Mustang Men will begin rehearsing the Zion hört die Wäche singen as a cambiata choir feature. This one will likely take some time to practice, so I'm putting it online now to help you get ready. Here are the steps:
1) Find the written music on the GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sER2yA1pXFDLTreffBTpJRiad3aeYooc
2) Find the rehearsal track on the Kinard Choir website: https://www.kinardchoir.com/mustang-chorale
3) Spend the next couple of weeks reviewing both the pitches and the lyrics for the Zion hört die Wäche singen. There are a couple of ways to learn the parts and German pronunciation. While you'll likely pick up the pitches well, it's the German that will be a challenge. A few ways to learn the style are:
-) Listen to a choral performance with lyrics:
-) Check out the pronunciation guide (click NEXT to hear each German line)
-) Listen to the accompaniment example:
4) Record your voice - When you think you're able to sing it well enough to record, give it a try. Use the accompaniment track as your guide on some headphones or earbuds and sing along with it while you record. Listen to the recording of your voice and compare it to the rehearsal track. Make sure your lyrics and pitches match. Don't forget to export it as an MP3 file.
5) Once it's at a quality you like, upload the MP3 file to my GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iFY7medN30rgOgQb1wteU-SIthRi1Th0
6) Have your recording uploaded by Friday, April 24th. I will write feedback on your recording and grade it. Completed recordings will earn a 3. Recordings accepted for the mix will earn a 4.
Questions? Contact Mr. Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions or set up a MS Teams meeting.